difficulty settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficulty settings?

When setting up a multiplayer game, you can set the Global Difficulty level. Then when you are setting the players you can also pick somthing on the end there that corresponds with the diofficulty settings. Is this other stting the difficulty of the individual player? Does changing it for human players make any difference? And what is the difference between that setting and the "global difficulty" setting?

Global difficulty affects Tech Rates, worms etc...

Individual difficulty affects # of Drones and %bonus or penalty to constrcution etc for that faction.

I think.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thanks Jamaski. Very Helpful

^_^

Comment

hrm...ya know I think I am still al ittle confused. Stting the global difficulty makes the worms tougher yes, but does it make tha AI opponents tougher? And setting the idividual difficulty, if it is higher for the cpu opponents are they harder? or is the game harder for them? And setting it higher for the player players makes it harder for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo_blanco81
          hrm...ya know I think I am still al ittle confused. Stting the global difficulty makes the worms tougher yes, but does it make tha AI opponents tougher? And setting the idividual difficulty, if it is higher for the cpu opponents are they harder? or is the game harder for them? And setting it higher for the player players makes it harder for them?
          Increasing difficulty increases the agressiveness of the AI. They are also a LOT less likely to trade tech with you too by transend. And no the AI doesn't suffer the same as you at the higher difficulties. Start a game in Transend and compare your drones to the AI's. Although I have noticed on abundant fungus maps the AI sometimes gets pretty beat-up by worms. This sometimes can even thing out a little.
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Thanks again for the help. But what is it exactly that makes the AI more aggessive and makes things harder for me? making the "global difficulty" higher, or the one next to the individual opponents?

Comment

Working...
            X