Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Crossfire makes everything break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Crossfire makes everything break...

um hello there...I ercently got the alien crossfire expansion for alpha centauri but after installing it...nothing works. I start it up, it brings me to the screen where I pick whether I will play alien crossfire or Classic alpha centauri, but no matter what I pick it just boots me right back to windows. Is this a common problem? and what might be causing it?

even if I go to the directory and try to run the old file diretly nothing happens. If I try to run terran.exe or terranx.exe it says that it is "not a valid windows application" anyy suggestiong? Thanks

Josh

What version of windows are you running?

Comment

Is the version legal?
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Have you read the thread at the top of the previous page (The SMAC/X FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS and their ANSWERS)?

It has lots of solutions for problems.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Asking Firaxis for help is probably your best bet, although, they never respond to anything and ignore questions, complaints, even compliments.

Comment

Thanks Commy, I'll try that. I did read the FAQ and found lots of stuff that SHOULD help...but I always get dropped back to the desktop anyhow. I am running win XP btw.

Comment

Alien Crossfire has copy protection that breaks Alpha Centauri, but there is a patch that removes the protection from Alpha Centauri.

SMAC-X also has a patch, although its patch doesn't remove the copy protection, so I doubt it will help you.

Comment

Working...
              X