No announcement yet.

Formers Or Rover Formers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I modify the Alpha to double the movment of all Chassies so infantry is now 2 movment and all my regular formers move like Rover formers

How should I vote then?
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Method
      rover formers after fusion power. If for some reason i'm playing so late in the game that they become something to look into, Hovertank formers or even gravship formers
      Gravship formers are fun, I enjoy using them to make landbridges or to expand small islands... although only when I am fooling around - its not exactly a serious strategy.
      Trithemius
      ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Oh no, techtonic missiles are much more fun for doing that

Comment

When used against the Pirates, of course

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I build crawly formers until I get fusion
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
              I modify the Alpha to double the movment of all Chassies so infantry is now 2 movment and all my regular formers move like Rover formers

How should I vote then?
              bananaformer
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                I build crawly formers until I get fusion
                Reactors alter terraforming rates, right?
                Trithemius
                ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Orininally posted by Trithemius
                  Reactors alter terraforming rates, right?
                  I just tried making a former and changing the reactor, and the terraforming times didn't change, so it seams the reactor makes no difference.

Comment

Don't think so. I believe he mentioned fusion reactor cause a fusion rover former costs the same as a regular fission infantry former.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I used to build rover formers as soon as possible (sometimes I had only 9 infantry formers) but I think I'll change that. Rover formers are too expensive. This will change only when a base builds a Rover former in one turn...

IIRC, a fusion rover former costs three (or four?) rows of minerals. More than a fission infantry former but way cheaper than a fission rover former.
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

After Fusion, I find myself more likely to build Rover Crawlers and especially Rover CP's than Rover Formers, but if you're still building roads, a couple of RFormers would come in handy, unless Design Workshop slots are becoming scarce, which could argue against too many new designs. IMhO, Clean Formers and later SuperClean Formers and the occasional FungiFormer are more useful, and bearing in mind the sea versions of all of them, I hate using up so many DW slots with all the Former variations, so one has to draw the line somewhere. BTW - IIRC, Regular Fission Formers are cheaper than Fusion Formers of any persuasion.

Comment

I build simple infantry formers at first, then clean infantry formers. Once I get fusion I upgrade all of them to super - armored - clean - infantry formers and new formers are super - clean - rovers until grav tanks become available. Like Adalbertus I am mainly concerned with creating the best unit possible within the shortest time in the queue, the only exception being that clean formers early on will take precedence over plain formers once they are available.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                          X