Training Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Scenarios

Do you play sometimes training single player scenarios? I made one like that, I start with only one colony pod and one scout patrol, all AI have 3-4 colony pods and 6+ units. Transcend difficulty. This way usually all AI are stronger in the beginning of the game, and you have to really work to gain leadership over the planet.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

It worked for about 100 turns. Then my faction started to develop faster.
    Diplomacy skills of AI even on transcend level are not so good. Though Morgan was quite successful in mindcontrolling my bases. The problem is that AI do not optimally cooperate between themselves, I think.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Re: Training Scenarios

Originally posted by mart7x5
      Do you play sometimes training single player scenarios? I made one like that, I start with only one colony pod and one scout patrol, all AI have 3-4 colony pods and 6+ units.
      I like to make single player Challenges for myself by making very highly customed maps that give AI's several advantages, as well as tweaking the AI's so that they behave in atypical ways. Very entertaining, IMO, as well as giving me insights into how the AI's can be made to play in new and different ways!

The best of these Challenges I then share with others over at CGN.

D

Comment

Working...
      X