No announcement yet.

Transcend games: How many have you won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'm for sure a Thinker then. I did won Transcend level on my marsscenario a few times. Small map, all land, 6 real factions and 1 nuisance faction.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Haven't had time to finish a transcend game yet.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

For anyone with time constraints I recommend a one city challenge. Its a lot less timeconsuming and can show how you can win by simply grovelling for a while until your insane amounts of crawlers and trawlers allow you to out-tech everyone.

Its actually a simple game to play in some ways since so many issues you normally face do not arise
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Try the "one base without supply units" challenge to be a real man

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            For anyone with time constraints I recommend a one city challenge.
            Sold. What are the guidelines for such a styled game? Is there a list of guidelines for other "challenges"?
            "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
            "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
            "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
            "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
              Try the "one base without supply units" challenge to be a real man

-Jam
              Have you done this?? I think its winnable if you get a friendly neighbor . . . even more winnable if you allow yourself to capture enemy bases ( even if you have to dispose of them by turn end). Find a big friend and then work to ring yourself with them.

I find all smaller empire challenges easier if allowed to be a suck up to the AI. I find it toughest when I have rules that don't permit me to treaty or pact with anyone . .. Constant war ( combined with rules not permitting me to capture enemy bases) leads to a lot of attrition -- plus NO commerce!!!
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp

Sold. What are the guidelines for such a styled game? Is there a list of guidelines for other "challenges"?
                yes-- There was a list of them on a thread here-- search OCC or challenges

My recommendation is to start out just trying to win with a single base. To be clear you cannot end ANY turn with more than one base. Try to transcend. Once you do that trhen move on to the more difficult challenges which have rules as to how many secret projects you must get, or may not permit yyou to EVER have 2 bases etc

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                  For anyone with time constraints I recommend a one city challenge. Its a lot less timeconsuming and can show how you can win by simply grovelling for a while until your insane amounts of crawlers and trawlers allow you to out-tech everyone.

Its actually a simple game to play in some ways since so many issues you normally face do not arise
                  Great idea. I may actually become brave and try this some time.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I think the highest level I've won would be the Librarian... as Believers I think.

That was before I discovered this forum so I'm confident with you guys' brains to pick through, I'll play better.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yes, I noticed the bump.

Thanks Flubber.
                      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I bumped an old OCC thread of mine so you can see some variants of the "rules".

Really you can do it any way you want-- just set some rules and go for it

Comment

The highest choice is more than 5 times? What kinda poor poll options are this?
                          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Poor ones

I just managed to LOSE a OCC on Transcend playing as Morgan (first mistake) when despite my huge tech lead, Lal was elected supreme leader by ALL the other factions together! WTF?

He did have 400 something votes to my 11 (or something) so its not like my opinion counted.

Reminder : Turn off diplomatic win for OCC games That was a waste of 3 hours

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Really you can do it any way you want-- just set some rules and go for it
                              One of my objectives this decade is to try and win a game without the govenor.

Comment

I just got my revenge with Lal's boys, trancending from my one little base, wedged between Deirdre, Yang and Mim. Cozy

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X