Cracks for SMAC:PP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracks for SMAC:PP

Is there a CD crack for the AC Planetary Pack, and if so how big is the file?
    Thanx,
    The Fanatic
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

I dont know too much about the politics of this forum, but I would expect you to be flamed for being a warezer, even if you ain't.

------------------
    Eternal Spark - Mod leader and founder of
    Deus Fortress - unqiue Team Fortress for Deus Ex
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic on 02-25-2001 10:29 AM
      Is there a CD crack for the AC Planetary Pack, and if so how big is the file?

There is a no-CD crack to un-encrypt the ICD file for SMAX and it's somewhat over 3 megs in size. I believe that I got mine from GameCopyWorld but at least start there.

I for one do not support piracy of any stripe, but I was given the benefit of the doubt when I asked a similar question a while back. I had found a copy of the SMAX extension CD (hard to find) and wanted to be able to do without having the CD in my laptop's drive since that drains the battery very quickly. Whilst finding that CD I had put in a bid on Ebay for the Planetary Pack and got it soon after finding the SMAX CD. In any event, the PP CD requires it to be in place in order to play either SMAC or SMAX. Since I like to travel light, 1 CD is better than 2 especially when I'm carrying a bunch of other CD's for my presenations, etc.

I feel that since (in most states) you are allowed to make a backup copy of electronic media, backing up a copy-protected game CD is legitimate. I'm not aware of any bootlegged copies of PP going around (but then I'm such a naif).

No one's been burned for requesting such info but start with GCW as I suggested. My newest note has to do with backing up/copying the PP CD. I don't think the board owners/moderators want this msg group to degenerate into a hacking forum and I know such requests are touchy but I doubt you'll be flamed in this instance (at least I hope not).

[This message has been edited by lbores (edited February 25, 2001).]

Comment

OK...even tho I don't understand the term warezer, I can guess...
        I didn't intend to install the crack/game on anyone else's comp, I just like to listen to music while I play. It's not like SMAX's music (atmospheric though it is) is easy on the ear, so I'd rather listen to some of my own music, that's all.
        Maybe Firaxis should've done a Total Annihilation - you need the CD to start the game, but once it's started you can put in one of your own to listen to.
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I have a fully cracked .exe for SMAX 2.0 that I have always used since day one of the expansion release. The original SMAC 4.0 doesn't need to be cracked, so I just use a copy of that for my SMAC games. It's convenient like you wouldn't believe!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic on 02-26-2001 03:32 PM
            Maybe Firaxis should've done a Total Annihilation - you need the CD to start the game, but once it's started you can put in one of your own to listen to.

That is exactly how it works, actually...

Comment

Ah well. After all that.
              Such is life.

Comment

sure hate to bring this thread to the top.. but, buy the damn thing. It's worth it. I seen it for 6 bucks at a used pc game shop the other day.

Comment

Working...
                X