Turn advancing in SMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn advancing in SMAC

For some time I try to set up a multiplayer game which would run as scenario, and for players an appropriate multiplayer game would be generated from a given year. However there are nasty problems:

When e.g. 7 factions are declared for mp game, first there are passwords generated. First faction (Gaians) stay in the turn as in the scenarion. Second and all other factions however advance in that same year having "upkeep"??? they just get research points, minerals, nutrients, energy, as if a turn was advancing. Thus Gaians are one turn hindered compared to all other factions.

Is there any remedy for that? How to prohibit upkeep in such case when setting up a 7 player multiplayer game from year e.g. 2115?
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

I don't understand what you're saying. Every time I try 7 players, the Gaians always are a year ahead. What I do is switch to the other factions before I end the Gaian's turn, which means they all move at the same rate. Please explain your problem.

Comment

When starting a multiplayer game, I choose a scenario file, then declare human-controlled factions, in this case all seven of them. First turn is declaration of passwords, first faction Gaians starts the same as in scenario, but second and all other have that additional upkeep before their turns, thus having research, minerals, nutrients and energy as from the next turn. First faction does not get it. You can see it easily if you for example make Pact between first and second faction. When making turn of the first faction you can see on F2 and F4 screens research and minerals in bases for both factions. Now when you end the turn for gaians and enter hive, and check F2 and F4, Hive has already more research and minerals, but Gaians stay still with the same amount. And this is the same turn still...

Actually adding the minerals, nutrients and energy is not a problem, but making manually whole upkeep for gaians is a trouble, I am not sure if editor at all allows for that
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Very interesting. Don't know why,

Comment

Working...
        X