No announcement yet.

Future Society: What will rule Chiron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machines can be suicidal squirls, too! If brainwashed humans are so good, then programed machines are even better (cause they can have any form).

Comment

Thought Control is the coolest by far.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Commy

Humans are not perfect, and therefore, anything created by them is not perfect, even robots. What a shame.
        Doesn`t no one realize that Cybernetic Society would have to include thought control in it, so the cyborgs would think their society is perfect.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Of course, because its based on computers (man-made technology), it would be flawed. One errant digit or something and a cyborg could become individual again, introduce a virus.....
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Isn't that why there's a negative Police rating? There might not be a communal consciousness normally, so those who are not content with having implants and a possible shared consciousness will rebel. The Network Backbone probably would create a group consciousness, which would be kind of the like the Telepathic Matrix in it's abilty to quell rebellious thoughts (hence the removal of the neg. Police). The Cyborg faction, of course, is made up of willing individuals who trust in their AI counterparts and know how best to work with them, so resistance against the Cybernetic society would be much less.
            It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

"so the cyborgs would think their society is perfect."

Why would they need to think that? If there is weakness then they fix it. It is what give them the research bonus.

Comment

Very true, obstructor. But I think the mind control you are talking about is within the programming. Without giving a machine sentience, it can't make up its own mind. However, very true statement. It really is like thought control.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
                  Thought Control is the coolest by far.

I never thought I'd see YOU say that.

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                    Doesn`t no one realize that Cybernetic Society would have to include thought control in it, so the cyborgs would think their society is perfect.
                    Uh, what?

How does that stack up with the -3 POLICE?
                    Trithemius
                    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Originally posted by Trithemius

Uh, what?

How does that stack up with the -3 POLICE?
                      -3 Police comes form unsatisfied workers who lost their jobs, since finally no one needs laborers, so they get rebellious. In reality they would be reeducated, or they would emigrate somewhere elsewhere, so the penalty should dissapear after 20 or so years. Anyway, this penalty was invented for balancing (even as it is useless), and as many other modifiers for social models doesn`t make sense.
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Think of it as the matrix. In a cybernetic society, people don't get to happy about machines running their lives. The -3 police is almost as bad as a free market, for the same reason. If your police leave, then the people rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

I never thought I'd see YOU say that.

Just because I do the Free Drone stories doesn't mean I don't harbor ambitions to join the ruling class of a futuristic totalitarian state.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

More proof that Argentina is a thought control state
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

where can i see these stories?

Comment

Originally posted by Quezacotl06
                                where can i see these stories?
                                AC fiction forum - BAC (great story - read it all the way!)

Comment

Working...
                                X