No announcement yet.

Future Society: What will rule Chiron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Society: What will rule Chiron?

This is a branch-off of the politics poll.

So what will rule?

Cybernetic ultraefficiency and governence

Eudaimonic utopia of peace and coexistence

Thought Control state of dicipline and homogenization

Just remember to think of which one will permeate the future of society (either our or centauri's), rather than their pure bonus' and penalties.
    Cybernetic (Represented by the Consciousness)
    64.00%
    Eudaimonia (Represented by Drones)
    12.00%
    Thought Control (Represented by...iduno. Probably either yang or miriam)
    16.00%
    None (The initial option, represented by no one)
    8.00%

Thought Control. With the constant attacks on society by Planet's lifeforms, i don't think Eudaimonia has a chance.

Thought Control, with Cybernetic a VERY close second for me.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Thought Control obviously.
      I mean, whats better than hooking everyone up to a computer to force them to think your the greatest? Actually making them want to think your the greatest
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah but once everyone thinks like u (after u kill everyone else), there is no incentive to maintain that amount of control, is there? I mean, once society is totaly wrapped around your finger, you could put it to more productive use (probably through eudaimonia), right?

Comment

More productive use? That's supposed to be Cybernetic. Efficiency ratings go way up.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I think in terms of industry and economy when i mean productivity

Comment

I am a big fan of eudaimonia, although I think a properly implemented cybernetic society would be pretty eudaimonic anyway.

Honestly, I find the Future Society models to be a bit "eh"; I also think that Eudaimonia is hard done by and that there should be some kind of SP that negates the Eudaimonic SE effect penalties, since there is one for Cybernetic and Thought-Control.
              Trithemius
              ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Cybernetic I see as the most likely.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I would have to say eudaimonia. Look at the drones faction. They are the only faction that rioting bases can revolt too. I'm going to put up the same arguement I put up for Fundalmentalist and Democracy. People will fight to the death to defend their freedom and their happiness. No one is going to fight to defend a bunch of robots in Cybernetic, and as for thought control, I see them as a bunch of suicidal squirrels. The people don't want to fight, but the government forces them to. It brainwashes them, creating almost the same affect as Fundalmentalist. People in thought control are lead under fascism. They think they are fighting for something good. I dunno, maybe thought control will win, but I personally like eudaimonia better.

Comment

But thought Control is going to win! People obviously wouldn't fight to revolt if they thought their faction was a paradise and the other factions werent.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

CYBERNETIC SOCIETY IT IS. IN CYBERNETIC SOCIETY EVERYTHING PERFECT.EXE.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

And William of the Gates reigns supreme!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                          But thought Control is going to win! People obviously wouldn't fight to revolt if they thought their faction was a paradise and the other factions werent.
                          Good point. It's the whole reason Fascism works.

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                            CYBERNETIC SOCIETY IT IS. IN CYBERNETIC SOCIETY EVERYTHING PERFECT.EXE.
                            Humans are not perfect, and therefore, anything created by them is not perfect, even robots. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Quezacotl06
                              Yeah but once everyone thinks like u (after u kill everyone else), there is no incentive to maintain that amount of control, is there? I mean, once society is totaly wrapped around your finger, you could put it to more productive use (probably through eudaimonia), right?
                              There's always incentive. The newest generation of Citizens will be in need of edcuation and beat-downs. Otherwise, they will see what an evil dictator you are and revolt. Even when the adults are yours and set in their ways, the new generation will always need influencing.

Eudaimonia sounds nice, kinda like a Star Trek: Federation model. Everyone gets along and everyone's happy and you only have to fight if you want to.

Cyborgs will fight against their enemy because society as a whole wants them to. After all, it'd probably be a group-consciousness. More efficient that way. Cyborgs are probably more likely to bombard with Conventional Missles and take control with Drop troops than to even think about sending in actual infantry. Think of the current effectiveness level of the US military (good advanced intel, GPS, and long-range missles) and then get rid of the bureaucracy and infantry. Replace with better military intel (fantastic hackers and detailed sat images) and perfect team-work (group consciousness again) and you've got a powerful army. Missles and Choppers to soften defenders then in come the Drop-Tanks to clean it up. Quick, quiet, and no losses.
                              It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

Comment

Working...
                              X