Viewing SP videos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing SP videos...

Is there any way to see the secret project videos outside of building them? Can they be played outside SMAC/SMAX?
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

The only way I know is in the scenario editor - just activate it, and the option to view movies should be somewhere in one of the menu bars (scenario, IIRC).
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

In windows explorer you can drag and drop the movies onto playuv15.exe and they will play.

Comment

To view the SP movies, the alternative...

Make a folder on your hard drive (this is only if you didn't do full instal cos I don't know with it ) call it MOVIE or anything. Copy the player file (the *.exe file on the CD\movies section) in it. Now you can either copy the movies in it so you don't need the CD to see them or you can run them from the CD. They vary in size from around 4MB to 20somethingMB. Do whatever you want (as previous) then double click on them to run them, then, when it asks what to run it with, select other and find your exe file . You should be able to see a kind-of-a MSDOS prompt window which will then increase to fullscreen and, after a few secs., it will play your movie!

If it all works, then
        If it doesn't, then :rolleyes
        ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
        ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Cybergod on 02-25-2001 07:18 AM
          Make a folder on your hard drive (this is only if you didn't do full instal cos I don't know with it ) call it MOVIE or anything. Copy the player file (the *.exe file on the CD\movies section) in it. Now you can either copy the movies in it so you don't need the CD to see them or you can run them from the CD.

Sounds like you might as well just do the full install then... Because that's what the full install does, is put the player and all the movie files in the movies directory.

Then all you have to do is drag and drop the movies onto playuv15.exe, like Paul said... Or if you want to make things easier, you can just click "open with" and then permanantly associate .WVE files with PLAYUV15.EXE, so then you can just double-click on any of the movies to play them.
          To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

Yes you can do full instal but I didn't have enouth disk-space to do that so I did typical .
            ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
            ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Working...
            X