probe defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probe defenders

Question started useing probe units with defensive armor to defend some of my bases, but I mix them with artilliary units and such to provide some attack and softening up if I need it. However it always uses my artilliary units as my first defenders is there anyway to have it use the probe teams in this manner? I can't seem to get designate as defender to come up on a menu.

Daniel
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

the thing with probe defenders is that they're non combat units, and as such, will be destroyed when the last "real" defender dies. I think...But anyways, i think designate defender is in the action menu, if not...maybe it's control+d.

Comment

I think Designate Defender does NOT appear in non-combat units' menus, and if it's possible to designate them in some roundabout way, I haven't found it.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

armor on a probe only makes sense if they are not stacked with a "true" military unit. But alone I believe that a probe 1-3rt defender will do just as well as aconventional unit with the same armours.

Downside would of course be an inability to attack and kill anything ( like say a nearby wounded worm. I don't know if armouring a probe reduces the massive damage they usually take from arty fire

Upside-- no support cost, plus a military and probe defender all in one
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Armored probes are not raped by artillery, which is another reason to armor them, even if they are stacked with other units.
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Working...
          X