Fungus among us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fungus among us

I've suddenly seen resurgence of fungus around some of my bases. I assume that I've pissed Planet off somehow.

What did I do to annoy 'it'?
    [This message has been edited by lbores (edited February 18, 2001).]

In one word: Ecodamage.

Reduce the amount of minerals you're producing, change your social engineering to have a better planet rating, or build base facilities that reduce pollution (eg. Centauri Preserve, Tree Farm). Researching green techs helps as well.

For more details, check the datalinks.

Aredhran

Comment

In the lower left corner of the base screen you see "Ecodamage: 0" in green if everything is right. (If things are heating up you can see "Ecodamage: 12" for example. The number is the chance that a tile inside the city radius will turn into fungus. (Expressed in percent.)

I generally feel that I can live with a chance in the single digits. But if it gets to 10+ and I can't do anything about it (in a war so I need the production, and no eco damage reducers available) then I station an empath rover in the base.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Maxwell on 02-19-2001 04:32 AM
        ... if it gets to 10+ and I can't do anything about it (in a war so I need the production, and no eco damage reducers available) then I station an empath rover in the base.

Which does what? Allows you to smite a MW. But does bupkis when your nice forest tile goes poof and is replaced by fungus. Right?

Comment

Yep, it does nothing to prevent the fungus from blooming. But sometimes you have to sacrifice tiles to keep a build advantage for a few more vital turns. (Well, not against the AI, as you generally can make war against him with four rovers and win, but against a human opponent that extra gas-chopper might be vital to sink his transports.)

Comment

Working...
          X