Won't even start install on XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't even start install on XP

Hey I just bought Alpha Centauri and the Expansion out of a bundle of games taht you can play on your laptop. I am running windows XP and whenever I click on Install Alpha Centauri it freezes up for a little while and the process just ends without out any error message or anything. Anyone know the solution to my problem?

I fixed it

Comment

Was it a user error or does something need to be done? I am thinking of getting this again and I have XP PRO.

Comment

It runs fine on my XP Pro boxen.
        It installed without a problem too. I'm not sure if I was just lucky though.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah it seems hit and miss. I had all my games working on an AMD XP PRO. I then got hyperhtreading system last year and now a number of them no longer will run.

I have a Win98SE for those, just in case.

Comment

All my games seem to work on my computer....
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Thanks for telling us that Tass

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

All I did was restart my computer and it somehow worked

Comment

That's Windows for you. Did you know they made versions of SMAC+X for Mac and Linux?

Comment

Working...
                  X