Immortality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortality?

Don't you find it curious that Lal, Deidre, and the others live so long? Is it something about Chiron? I mean, come one, Zacharov is still there at year 2350? Which means he's, what? 250 years old? Remarkable.

Well, it seems that Civ-longevity has declined in the last couple of centuries - back on Earth, people lived 6000+ years....
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mark13 on 02-15-2001 01:45 PM
      Well, it seems that Civ-longevity has declined in the last couple of centuries - back on Earth, people lived 6000+ years....

Morgan says he would settle for 500 years.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

My assumption about the rejuvenation tanks were that only important people got the treatment. What would the social implications be if everyone lived forever? People waiting 50 years between each kid. Eventually this would present a population problem. Maybe not for a thousand years maybe.

With only a few people getting the treatments, some kind of elite subsection of society would be set up. I guess the Drones would have something to say about that.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If they were all dying on us after 70 years cities would grow too slow.

Seems, except in cases of starvation and conquest of cities, only millitary units suffers from mortality.

And then their pay - if any - is one measly mineral a year.
          [This message has been edited by buster (edited February 15, 2001).]

Comment

actually all of the leaders had to mature before the unity launch.

I think Zakhorov was born in 1996

Comment

Rejuvenation treatments

Comment

Working...
              X