newbie wanting a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DataAeolus

I wouldn't mind being 'brutally gang-raped' as you affectively put it as long those players are kind enough to provide me with their feedback after the fact so next time I'd play better.
    Generally it can be pretty simple. If you don't have enough defences to make attack unprofitable, SOMEONE will decide to try to appropriate your efforts . .. When I am the victim there are always one or more of two simple reasons

1. While I had a contending empire, I neglected military preparation ( techs and/or units, infiltration and patrolling) making a suprise attack possible--

2. an empire is behind in tech, empire size, production etc such that you people do not fear warring with you since they know they can take you out. An empire can get behind for any number of reasons and often, opposing players will have no idea as to what the crucial mistakes were since they would lack infiltration in the earliest years.

THis might seem like pretty obvious stuff but the reality is that most PBEMers will go to war for obvious reasons. I believe that I have only seen a few PBEMs played where there was no war between the humans ( excepting challenges with artificial restrictions of course).
    In the peaceful games there was generally a clear superiority and a pretty early capitulation by the others, although in one game two humans allied to transcendance and not a shot was fired among the humans.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
    X