Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC(Some other games too, but mostly AC) decides to randomly restart my PC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC(Some other games too, but mostly AC) decides to randomly restart my PC...

Anyone have any clue why this would happen? Its been happening for a couple weeks now, at what seems random. Anyone have any clues how to help? If any further info is needed i'll supply it.

sounds like you got a heating problem , try to open the side of your computer ,and find other ways afcours to cool it down , or perhaps you have worm virus on your pc , cause i hadt something like this too , but that whas a heating problem.
    YOINK!!!

Comment

I think you need to check the fans in your computer.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Definetly a heat problem (I experienced it too with my older computer).
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yeah - was a heating problem. Cleaned out the inside of my PC yesterday, and couldn't believe all the dust and things that gathered inside. Seems to be working peachy keen now. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sankis
            Yeah - was a heating problem. Cleaned out the inside of my PC yesterday, and couldn't believe all the dust and things that gathered inside. Seems to be working peachy keen now. Thanks
            How often should one clean out the computer tower?
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

At least once a year, even in a well-cleaned area. Even in the cleanest of homes, quite a bit of dust and fuzz will gather inside a PC case. Look at the outside the exhaust fan: If there is stuff collected on 1/3 or more of the visible housing, you've already waited too long.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Many thanks, gwillybj
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                X