No announcement yet.

Psi gates: use them much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work LordLMP, but my testing of PSI Gates isn't enough for me to be sure.

Here's an idea: give all factions a free PSI Gate whenever they build a new base, and set the upkeep to 0. I imagine that that would effect play quite a bit!
    Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jasonian on 01-29-2001 05:21 PM
      Here's an idea: give all factions a free PSI Gate whenever they build a new base, and set the upkeep to 0. I imagine that that would effect play quite a bit!

Been there. Done that.

I was playing a "Star Trek - Borg" faction and I modified their txt file so that ALL borg bases came with a psi gate from the start of the game.

I figured, hey they assimilated "transporter" technology a long time ago in the Delta Quadrant.

It made for a very quick "assimilation" of Planet.
      Just build a base on every continent your enemy occupies and beam yourself in. When you take over an enemy base, after a couple turns, that base also acquires a psi-gate (reflecting your society's advanced level of technology).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      We are the Borg. Lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Your life as you know it is over. You will service us.
      Read my SMAC fiction @ http://apolyton.net/forums/register.php?a=act&u=8338&i=978930000

Give your comments @ http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8530

Comment

That's what I figured, but what if we went a step further and gave ALL factions PSI Gates? Do the computer opponents use them if possible?
        Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Working...
        X