Strange Requests for Dialogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Requests for Dialogs

You know when you get near another AI player and a small window pops up saying that the player has an urget message coming through? It's usually telling you bad you are and that the vendetta will continue forever, blah blah blah. Most of the time, though, the message window will come up 3-4 times and then I don't get any message at all. It's really annoying because it happens constantly during wars. Whenever I capture a base and when I enter a square beside an enemy unit or base I get this. What's going on?

btw, I checked my high scores and my current is 420% and about 5300 points on Transcend with the Drones (it was a massive map that I downloaded from... somewhere). I guess it was because I had so many captured bases. But really though, these constant transmissions every turn are really bugging me.
    It's really Synthetic God... I guess I didn't notice my own typo.

This is a known bug. No known fix or workaround.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

ah okay. never mind then.

Comment

I got that from DeeDee yesterday when I captured two of her precious green bases. I've also gotten them in earlier games.

I take it as meaning my enemy has become so overcome with rage or fear (as the situation warrents) that she is conflicted whether she wants to contact me or not...
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

well, I guess if you're going to roleplay it, sure.

Comment

I've never thought of it as a bug or even an annoyance. It's just the AI's way of trying to provoke or insult you, as Bella Hella so amusingly wrote.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

whenever an AI does that with me it usually provokes itself into declaring war on me ?
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're asking a rhetorical question?
                I meant to indicate the inverse: I look at it that they (wanting to go to war but at the moment not wanting to declare Vendetta) are trying (with repeated hang-ups, like crank calls) to piss me off and make me be the bully by declaring Vendetta on them --- in the same way that I (wanting to go to war but not wanting to risk the Reputation hit by declaring the Vendetta) might be able (with repeated hang-ups, like crank calls) to piss them off to make them be the bully and declare Vendetta on me.
                That reads convoluted, but I can't fix it.
                Last edited by gwillybj; February 11, 2004, 23:48.
                I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

When this happens to me, I save the game and quit, restart the game, and load the saved game and SOMETIMES it will fix the problem. About a 50/50 chance of fixing the problem.

Lori

Comment

It reads fine just that usually when the AI gives me these crank calls after 3 it gets bored and declares war on me anyways ? then everytime i conquer a base i get a few more crank calls and a "you are the scum of planet" type message
                    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Yep, I generally get the same thing. In my head I say, "Puck off." In the game I am not nearly so succinct.

Comment

Working...
                      X