Long live SMAC and this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long live SMAC and this board

Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I am a rather new player of Smac/x and to this board.
    I hope people still play this game and post information for newbies like me. I am more encouraged when games show a strong following.
    Anyway thanks for listening.

Sorry double post

( its a long way to deity LOL)
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

THis game has a reasonable number of people that still cosider it the best turn-based strategy game ever made, despite its unfixed bugs. This community is still pretty active when it comes to answering questions so never be afraid to ask ( and I'm never afraid to chime in if I have a sweet clue as to the answer . . . but I highly recommend using the search feature to look for relevant threads and doing some reading . The amount of information already posted is astounding, with very detailed tests and analysis in some cases and simple practical experiences in others. I continue to go back and read some of the old threads to refresh myself.

So welcome and enjoy
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hey, welcome. I'm pretty new here too and those guys has been terrific. You'll enjoy urself
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

welcome to 'Poly, Bruce. get a comfortable chair, relax and enjoy the board. we're still a pretty active community and we believe that God created Brian Reynolds so he could create SMAC for us.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

And another one joins the fold.....

Welcome Bruce.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

we believe that God created Brian Reynolds so he could create SMAC for us
              Well that depends if your a follower of the Miriam or not
              Yeh this place is great I'm still learning though playing the highest diff which is not to hard if your isolated. Very active forums, civfanatics is very quiete in their SMAC forums.

Comment

May your addiction to SMAC be joyful.

"Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Curious, Flubber's second post is dated from before his first post.

Oh, and welcome to Poly.
                  Rest assured, there are other SMAC newbies here.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, poly's acting odd again. I had a DP yesterday with a couple of hours and half a dozen posts between the two.

Oh, welcome to the land of SMAC addicts

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Welcome - this is point of no return - you will stay SMAC fan forever.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Curious, Flubber's second post is dated from before his first post.

Oh, and welcome to Poly.
                        Rest assured, there are other SMAC newbies here.

The board froze up on me so I pressed submit a second time-- I only noticed later that I had a double post. I guess the backward timestamping means that the time gets attached to the post at some time prior to it getting attached to the thread

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragement. I do have Vels guide and am reading through it now.

Comment

Bruce205, you may want to take a look at my website at: http://pmm1.home.comcast.net/games/games.html

As a newbie, you may find my SMAC and SMAX reference material useful.

Regards,
                            Nethog

Comment

Welcome, Bruce. Once you enter the world of Alpha Centauri, you'll never truly leave again.

Visit AC-Fiction some time.
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X