Question about DataJack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DataJack

You know the probe team people. I was just playing and captured a spore launcher with a scout team. How is this? they don't have pluses to planet???? I'm confused!

-Iynx
    Last edited by Iynx; January 30, 2004, 02:59.
    I didn't fall asleep, I just dossed off.

Do you happen to have the manifold nexus landmark in your territory? It gives +1 to planet.

Comment

No, but I have mount planet.

-Iynx

Comment

Other obvious point but were you running green at the time--Somehow you must have a positive Planet rating . Otherwise you experienced a weird bug
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I don't even know what running green means. (Psss, what does it mean?)

-Iynx

Comment

Green is a social engineering choice available upon researching the centuari empathy tech. It increases Planet rating +2, Efficiency +2 and degreases growth -2.

Please go in the game and hit F1 and explore a bit regarding the choices or if you just want to see the social engineering screen I think the "e" key will bring it up.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Another Question

How do the people play(like you Flubber) Multiplayer. It seems by email, but how does this work?

-Iynx

Comment

Slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
                  Slowly.

He's right-- you play 1 year and then send the turn on to the next player. If every individual manages a 1 turn a day average, it will take a week to get through 2 years ( 4 humans) and typically more than a year to get through the first 80-90 years of gameplay .

getting a game is usually as easy as posting a thread but I recommend having a thorough grounding in the basics before getting into a game

Comment

Does the email send automatically by the game, or do you save and send the saved game file?

-Iynx

Comment

Originally posted by Iynx
                      Does the email send automatically by the game, or do you save and send the saved game file?

-Iynx
                      The latter-- you save the game, exit from AC and then zip the file and attach it to a regular email to the next player in the turn order. Upon receiving a turn you just unzip it and then load up the turn. Its not hard but starting out, I find it annoying that the zipping and loading part is taking much longer than the 20 seconds it takes to play the turn.

I have had many games where people online a lot got through the first 10 game turns each in a couple of days but in a typical game its 2-3 days between turns at the best of times

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

He's right-- you play 1 year and then .............
                        .............. you finally reach 2130 and discover Doc Flex and now you can plan to get off your island

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how does one load a saved Multiplayer game when playing using an IPX connection? It seems that the only way to load the game up again is via the main game menu's load game option and then it comes back as a hotseat game.

Is there anyway of continuing a previous IPX network game without having to switch to hotseat? thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X