Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An OS Q

Anyone here know if SMAC is supported by, possible/w W's 2K OS? TIA

Yeah, I think it is. I don't have a w2k comp, but I remember hearing it was compatable. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

SMAC/X works on W2k just fine, except for one small, graphical glitch.

In the status area where you get your messages and the power graphs, whenever the game puts up one of the info boxes of just text, it puts a "A" with an accent mark over the "A" at the end of each line. Sometimes the text overlays this character. But, if you left-click on the display, to force it to cycle through the various displays, this rogue character does not appear. Wierd.

Other than that, the game functions just fine, in both SP and PBEM/Hotseat. I can't speak to the other MP modes, as I have never played them.
      "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
      "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

microsolft has a compatability patch for smac and some other games under windows 2000 at
        http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...at/default.asp

edit: see pythogoras's thread below with the same link.

------------------
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Pontificator Pendanticus
        older richer & wiser than you
        [This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited January 16, 2001).]
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
        X