Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SMAC

I bought SMAC-PP and I don't hear the game music while playing

I used to play a demo of the game, here I didn't have any problems with the music tunes. but now, whenever a special event affects the music (base founded, e.g.) or just the background music is supposed to play, only the FIRST TUNE (first wave file of the 'track') is played. and then, silence

anyone knows how to fix this?

Did the PP disks come with a readme file? As I recall there were details how to handle some sound overlaps and other problems

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited January 01, 2001).]

Comment

hmmm... gotta have a look

Comment

well, there's a help file, but they only tell you how to install the hardware stuff

it's only the background music, and no real readme file there

Comment

I don't know, perhaps there's really some readme file, somewhere

the music works fine in SMAC-X, just doesn't in SMAC

Comment

any ideas?

Comment

Since your getting music when running smacx, I can't see what the problem is. There's a lot of stuff in smacx which does improve gameplay, although some would say the original is a better game.

If your concerned, have you checked to see if in 'options' if music is disabled?
              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

very nice... yes, I did check, it's ON... that's why the first tune is played... but just the first wave file.. hmm...

Comment

Working...
                X