Two questions that have me stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions that have me stumped

Two questions were posed to me regarding some aspects of SMAC that I haven't the foggiest of so to ALMAX881 if your looking in hopefully others here can help out.

Q1) The question was a scenario is trying to be built and the person had the following question:

I want to know if it is possible to add satelites (Sky Hydro Labs, etc) in the Scenario Editor. I tried to add it like one would a base facillity with the 'EDIT BASE' command. But the satelites aren't listed.Is there a way to do this.

Q2) Also, I noticed that when I conquer a base that eventually the architecture will change to match my own. I assume that this means that the citizens
    have stopped fussing and welcome my control of the base. Am I right?

Anyone want to hazard responses to ALMAX881?

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

quote:

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe on 01-08-2001 04:33 PM

I want to know if it is possible to add satelites (Sky Hydro Labs, etc) in the Scenario Editor. I tried to add it like one would a base facillity with the 'EDIT BASE' command. But the satelites aren't listed.Is there a way to do this.

IIRC, the only way to add satelites is to give the faction lots of ecs, and then build them a turn at a time, with rush builds, in the scenario.

quote:

Q2) Also, I noticed that when I conquer a base that eventually the architecture will change to match my own. I assume that this means that the citizens
    have stopped fussing and welcome my control of the base. Am I right?

Og

My understanding is that the additional drones disappear slowly over, IIRC, 50 years. At the end of 50 years, when the bases architecture changes, the bases citizens treat you as if you had built the base yourself.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

Thanks Big C,

I thought that was the case for the change in architecture question and I imagine it can all be verified by checking the psych screen in the base city window as well.

Thanks again

Hope that helps ALMAX881.

Og

PS Big C, Interested in a Leafs trade for a big time Center (some guy named Lindros) with only slightly scrambled brainmatter?

"Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

OO:

The Leafs already have a big center with slightly scrambled brainmatter.

Mats Sundin

Googlie

Comment

OO:

Eh, man. Up here in the great white North, we trade our centers before their brain matter gets scrambled.

G:

Shhhh!!
          Team 'Poly

Comment

Think of the change of base look as the end of an assimilation process.

When you capture a base, its population is very hostile to you. Gradually (in game terms, every 10 years), the people start to accept their new master (ie, you get fewer drones from the conquered base). After 50 years (or was it 40 ?), the last of the dissidents have been assimilated (or sent to the gulag ) and the base is fully yours.

Note that if your personal ethics don't prohibit that type of action, you can get around this problem by swapping the base with an AI player's, and back.

Aredhran

Comment

Working...
            X