No announcement yet.

Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can get them to vendetta me sometimes just by calling them up each turn. they really hate it when you keep bothering them for no reason.

ring, ring
    santiago (ambivalent): hello?
    me: hi!
    santiago: state your case quickly, for i have little time to chat.
    santiago: my apologies, i have no time for your crap. (hangs up)

next turn....
    ring, ring
    santiago (belligerent): hello?
    me: HI!
    santiago: what do you want?!?
    me: HIIIIIIII!
    santiago: gaaaah! (hangs up)

next turn...
    ring, ring
    santiago (seething): HELLO?
    me: ....
    santiago: HELLO? who is this?!?
    santiago: vendetta upon you! you'll pay for your persistent meddling!
    me:

or something like that.

/got carried away again
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
      i can get them to vendetta me sometimes just by calling them up each turn. they really hate it when you keep bothering them for no reason.

ring, ring

next turn....
      ring, ring

next turn...
      ring, ring
      me:

or something like that.

/got carried away again
      You deserve it

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions.
        I am considered evil by those who feel persecuted because they are not allowed to force me to believe as they do.
        -sources unknown

Comment

Is there any way to cancel a treaty without declaring vendetta? Not that you would ever really want to, unless you were slightly outmatched at the very end of the game - perhaps then you might not want to give the other guy the trade bonus. Nope, actually even then you would want to start a war. But is it physically possible to go directly from treaty to truce status?
          Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

I've had the AI rescind a Treaty (for many of the reasons listed above for which they dissolve a Pact), but I've not seen a method for the human to do so.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

What are the mechanics in a pbem game. I have just probed a Pact mate for a tech. That strange message pops up, as if to your pact mate. Advising a) do you want to ignore with a rebuke or b) to wage vendetta.

Are you as the player to pick the vendetta option?

Because I hadn't probed a PACT mate before I think I chose a). But I did send a dip message via the Commlink and an email to my 'PACT' mate advising what I had done.

Of course, having chosen a) I then tried to go into a 'technical' vendetta, that is, without actually attacking, but couldn't see an option in the dip box. So I guess when that strange screen pops up I should choose b) in future.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

There's a post about that somewhere else. If I'm correct, that message box's a bug. Seems that players just agree beforehand what to do should that situation pops up then act accordingly.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

In PBEM its taken as a normal rule that you ALWAYS declare vendetta when that pop-up comes.

Its because normally the person being probed gets the pop-up, but of course they're not playing at the time...

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella

ring, ring

next turn....
                    ring, ring

next turn...
                    ring, ring
                    me:

or something like that.

/got carried away again
                    ROFLMAO
                    Thanks, I needed that.
                    Just goes to show you... there's making a point concisely, and then there's illustrating it with a fine brush.
                    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
                    X