Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Question

Somthing I have never been able to figure out how to do is to cancel a treaty with another faction; usually, this isn't a problem, since factions I need to do this with are going to abrigate the alliance of their own volition. However, I since I do require this option from time to time, and lack the knowledge of how to do this myself, I was wondering if any here would be so kind as to inform me of the processes required for the accomplishment of this aim.
    I am considered evil by those who feel persecuted because they are not allowed to force me to believe as they do.
    -sources unknown

Normally you either piss em off to the point that they attack you or you attack them.

I think that if you swipe technology with a probe team (and they vendetta your ass) you don't get the diplomacy hit, but normally you just attack them to remove the treaty.

Comment

Attacking outright will remove the treaty, but what I wanted to know was if there was a way to annul a treaty with dialog options during a diplomatic session instead of taking the 'integrity' hit by launching a 'sneak attack'.
      Last edited by Objulen; January 18, 2004, 04:15.
      I am considered evil by those who feel persecuted because they are not allowed to force me to believe as they do.
      -sources unknown

Comment

When I want them to declare war first I try making ludicrus demands, and if that doesn't work I do a probe action which nearly always causes them to vendetta... It's hard to recall an instance where openly probing a treatied faction didn't result in vendetta, altough pactmates can tolerate a bit of it.

I think probing is okay because it's like "Free flow of information", the other faction is in the wrong for not sharing :P.

Comment

you can't annul treaties via diplomacy, those are your only options ie, annoy them or attack them.
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

You can right-click on the name in the commlink.

Doesn't anyone know that anymore

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I...don't see it there. Is that just for pacts?
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

If they are the Spartans, the Hive or the Believers, it works well to demand withdrawal

Comment

Jam ? thats pacts not treaties ... right ?
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Ah, must learn to read properly. :stupid:

Not that the AI ever offers me a treaty

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Kill em all, make em submissive. It's the best way!

Comment

I personally favor the ludicrous demands route. Demanding withdrawal from your territory many times in a row also works sometimes.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Just attack them while under a treaty

-Jam

Comment

I have found that at the higher difficulty levels in which I play, a good reputation will do little to encourage the AI to sign treaties with you, especially when you're ahead in the powergraph. My advice is to not worry about your rep, except to not accept ceasefires or treaties from enemies you know you'll be conquerring within the next 50 turns.

Comment

Against the AI, I agree with CEO Aaron-- they will all hate me when I take the lead anyway-- against human players, I have never found ONE that gave a hoot about what my reputation was as reflected by the in-game status. If I had been a fiend they distrusted me and did not care that I was NOBLE while if I had l kept my promises, they did not care that I may have started wars with the AI.

But if you want to keep your reputation, both methods previously suggested do work. Personally, my preferred method is to probe them repeatedly-- you get tech or cash and take no rep hit. I found that having to constantly call the AI to demand withdrawal annoyed me before it annoyed them LOL.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X