Rescuing Captured Faction Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescuing Captured Faction Leaders

Last night I decided to read the 'readme.txt' on SMAX cd from the Laptop Collection Pack and it said it's possible to rescue a captured faction leader.

Eh? I went when reading this. I wish I'm at my home computer so I could copy and paste. Perhaps later tonight.

Ok does anybody know anything about this? How is this possible? How does one locate a captured faction leader? How does this benefit me?
    Who is Barinthus?

Locate the headquarters of the faction that conquered the one you want to liberate. You must get a probe team up to the headquarters (that's arguably the hardest part). When you infiltrate the headquarters, there should be an option that says "Rescue Captured Faction Leader" or some such. This is a fairly difficult mission for your probe; hope he's an Elite. If successful, the rescued faction should respawn somewhere on the map (just one base).

The liberated faction will be submissive with respect to you. So the operation can be used to get you a slave faction without having to attack and defeat someone.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Rescuing captured faction leaders is a probe action that must be performed at the HQ of the faction that originally eliminated the faction of the leader you wish to rescue.

If successful in the attempt, a captured faction leader of your choice (if more than one are present) restarts...somewhere. The rescued leader's faction becomes a submissive pactmate of yours. Eventually, you will derive the usual benefits from having a submissive pact...commerce, techs, etc. You might have to lend a hand to get that faction to a point that its productive again.

Comment

The AI rescues captured leaders too, once early in the game I had conquered some faction with a scout patrol rush, then the dataangel starting probe team wandered over to my HQ and liberated the conquered faction, I was pissed

Comment

It only works if the smac-x 2.0 patch has been applied. I do not know in the version with the laptop collection had already ben patched or not. check the version #.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
            , the rescued faction should respawn somewhere on the map (just one base).
            I recall that they come back with something like 3 colony pods and several units. The respawn on an unoccupied landmass, usually meaning an island.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I already got all latest patches but thanks for making sure, Lefty .

I might will try to see if I can pull this off. I can't believe I'm going to see if I can free that Cultist wacko, although...
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                It only works if the smac-x 2.0 patch has been applied. I do not know in the version with the laptop collection had already ben patched or not. check the version #.
                I picked up the laptop collection the other day and everthing appears to have the latest patches.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

holy crap that's awesome! I didn't know you could rescue captured faction leaders!

Man, I've learned something new today about SMAC.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

Man, I've learned something new today about SMAC.
                    Sorry, only works in SMAX, not SMAC.
                    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                    -- Kosh

Comment

blegh! Junk-a-lunka. Too bad I don't have 'X'.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Go get the Laptop collection, it's worth it!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X