Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien crossfire

Hi

Whenever i try to play alien crossfire on my computer i get the following error

TERRANX.ICD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

i'm using windowsXP. Does anyone know how to fix this error? i have the compatibility patch and the update patch installed and had to use the forcevoxels = 1 to get alpha centauri to run and now crossfire wont run

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Have you checked alpha.ini file (it ovewrites during SMAX installation). Otherwise I don`t have any idea since I haven`t encountered such problems.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Your Alpha Centauri.ini file may be corrupt. Try this:

* Make a backup copy of Alpha Centauri.ini (to restore in case something goes wrong).

* Delete the original Alpha Centauri.ini.

* Start SMAX.

This should create a fresh copy of the .ini file. You may have to add the ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1 line to the newly-created file.

Please post again if this doesn't work. Lots of other things to try.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Try the no-cd crack - I run it with no problem on my XP P4 rig. You can get it here

Comment

yeah the no cd crack worked perfectly

Comment

That no-CD crack is highly elite. I like no-CD cracks.

Comment

Working...
            X