question on troop movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on troop movement

is there a way to select a group of units to make them move at the same time? ifyaknowwhatimean? you can do this in civ3 (i'm not sure about the other civs since i haven't played them). it takes SO LONG to move each unit individually. if there's a way to create groups and move them as a group, i'm gonna kick myself...
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

press j on keyboard. A menu will appear with some options which types of unit you want to include (pretty good). You created a group. Use shift+j to move it. Hopefully this helps you althrough I prefer to move each individual unit. Seems I am a control maniac.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I don't like the group feature on SMAC/X, I find it confusing.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

yes, I think you can move the groups only to other bases, and they kinda disperse on the way.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

That was my experience -- I also don't recall any choices regarding what units I wanted to include.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
          X