Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note on attacking natives with artillary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note on attacking natives with artillary...

...don't use a string disruptor on that native stack, unless you don't mind rebuilding the thermal borehole it's sitting on...
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

this is somewhat related... i had some fungus grow over a mine that was being crawled. when i right clicked on the space, i found that a fungal tower had bloomed right underneath my crawler. as an experiment, i sent a unit out to attack that square. sure enough, he killed both the fungal tower and the crawler!!! this has happened to me a few other times, too.
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Re: A note on attacking natives with artillary...

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      ...don't use a string disruptor on that native stack, unless you don't mind rebuilding the thermal borehole it's sitting on...
      Is it possible that the NL destroyed the terraforming on its turn independent of your attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
        this is somewhat related... i had some fungus grow over a mine that was being crawled. when i right clicked on the space, i found that a fungal tower had bloomed right underneath my crawler. as an experiment, i sent a unit out to attack that square. sure enough, he killed both the fungal tower and the crawler!!! this has happened to me a few other times, too.
        THis is a known bug-- I have learned to move up the attacking unit, move off the crawler and THEN kill the natives. The crawler probably has to go somwhere else anyway as there is usally a needed fungus cleanup

I never experience loss of terraforming from an arty attack on NL but then again I never built string arty-- I generally don't worry about terraforming much in that late stage anyway since I usually have a bunch of souped up clean formers just looking for stuff to be doing
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I think this is the most common bug in SMAX - why did they have to make new bugs?
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Is it just with the string disruptor?

Because it would make sense that bombarding an area with the most powerful directional weapon known, which operates on the basis of manipulating the essential building blocks of the universe, whilst sending infinite unknown ripple effects through the space-time continuinuinuinuinuum, could possibly trample your tulips.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Oh, I'm not calling it a bug, because it does make sense.

I'm just calling it a really dumb move on my part.

"We have to destroy the borehole to save it."

Comment

Does make sense? - such powerfull weapons should have splash damage thruoghout the galaxy. The damn bug mentioned in Bella Hellas post is too often.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

It makes sense that using a hammer to swat the fly on your noggin may have consequences.

Comment

With the fungal tower-crawler thing, it's far more annoying when it's a quantum crawler with best armor and you send a empath gun-hovertank to take out the tower... the crawler defends

Comment

Yeah, that can be a bit of a drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X