AC Worth Getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Worth Getting?

Hey all, I'm a big Civ2 player, and i've played CTP and CTP2 but never really got into them, do you all recommend getting AC, and if so can someone point me to where i can get a copy?

------------------
    Ozzy - King of Metal
    Ozzy - Hungarians in Eurodip I
    Ozzy - Proud Sayen member
    Ozzy - Prez of NYRA, http://nyra.ecg.net
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

If you liked Civ II, you'll probably love SMAC. I didn't think anything would ever replace CIV II as my favourite game, but SMAC quickly took that title. It's got the same addictive factor of "just one more turn". I wasn't much a fan of CTP either, to me it was just inferior Civ II. But I loved SMAC and SMAC-X as well. I know in Canada you can still pick up the original for about $20 (about $15 American) at most Computer stores. There is also the Planetary Pack, which includes both SMAC and SMAC-X, I'm not sure about the price though. I think SMAC-X is definetly worth it as well by the way, most importantly because the new factions add more variety. Meaning you can play again and again and again....

------------------
    Argo
    "People want to believe what they see is true, even if it's only for the time they are in the playhouse. That's what theatre is, don't you understand? Showing people what they wish were true."
    -Robertson Davies "World of Wonders"
    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Hot damn yeah, its worth it!

------------------
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Pontificator Pendanticus
      older richer & wiser than you
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

What a peculiar question to ask in this forum!
        -bondetamp
        The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
        -H. L. Mencken

Comment

quote:

Hey all, I'm a big Civ2 player, and i've played CTP and CTP2 but never really got into them

Welcome on board, that's the profile of every person on these fourms

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMACed on 12-27-2000 04:21 PM
            quote:

Hey all, I'm a big Civ2 player, and i've played CTP and CTP2 but never really got into them

Welcome on board, that's the profile of every person on these fourms

Not quite. Some of us never played the CTPs
            [This message has been edited by Chowlett (edited December 27, 2000).]
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Oh

Comment

SMAC is one of the best games i've ever played.It's definetly worth getting.

Also,a question for those who have SMAC and civ2,how does civ2 compare tp SMAC?I've never played civ,is it worth getting?

Comment

quote:

Also,a question for those who have SMAC and civ2,how does civ2 compare tp SMAC?I've never played civ,is it worth getting?

YES! Many people actually consider civ2 better than SMAC. It really is a matter of preference (realism or sci fi), but now the price is about $10 - you can't go wrong. You'd be missing out on a great piece of gaming history.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OzzyKP on 12-27-2000 01:54 PM

do you all recommend getting AC

um, yeah.

Comment

bit of an "after-thought"; only if you don't have a life or, like, any big responsibilities.
                      [This message has been edited by grimreap (edited January 02, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                      X