why is Alien Crossfire...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is Alien Crossfire...

Why is AC:Alien Crossfire so expensive? I've seen copies go for $70 over ebay!

Granted, it is rare and no longer sold, but wouldn't you think the publishers would sell some more if it were that 'precious' ?

You could opt for a loss of karma and get it by other means...but you really need to like alpha centauri a lot, karma beign what it is

bit torrent is the word

Comment

no no i DO have it.. i bought it cheaply from a friend for 10 bucks. I guess he didn't realize the asking price was very high at ebay at the time.

I'm just curious why the publishers aren't 'publishing' any more if there is such a demand ?

Comment

SMACX is available as part of Electronic Arts new "Laptop Collection", which includes SMAC, SMAX/Planetary Pack, Tiger Woods Golf and SimCity 3000 for $20. It is WIDELY available in the US. The "Pack" has the CDs, but does not include the manuals.

If you correspond with an American on this forum, I bet he could send it to you.

Comment

Yes, it is available at WalMart (the largest retailer in the US) and many other retailers. It costs less than $20.00 US.

Amazon.com also carries it but they state they will not ship outside the US.

Mead

Comment

It's been going for super-high prices on ebay for a long time -- I think it's because they cut production short on this one, and while original games are often republished as $10 jewelbox specials, expansions almost never are.

This creates an artificially high demand as people acquire the much cheaper original game, decide they want the expansion, but can't get it except from the limited pool.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip_Buckner
              SMACX is available as part of Electronic Arts new "Laptop Collection", which includes SMAC, SMAX/Planetary Pack, Tiger Woods Golf and SimCity 3000 for $20.
              SMAC
              SMACX
              Tiger Woods Golf
              SimCIty 3000

Which one does not belong?

Comment

Just rename Recreation Commons to Country Club.

With the SCURK (Sim City Urban Renewal Kit) you can use Sim City buildings as Alpha Centauri bases.

btw, The Laptop Collection also has Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2.
                I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Were you replying to me? Because I meant Tiger Woods doesn't belong. :\

Comment

Working...
                  X