No announcement yet.

What do ECM and SAM stand for, anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do ECM and SAM stand for, anyway?

Anybody know?

Electronic Counter Measures
    Surface to Air Missle, In the smac game, however, SAM appears to be misused as a term some sort of air superiority tracking module.
    [This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited December 31, 2000).]
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yeah, what is that anyway. I always thought SAM's were surfaced launched.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

A better acronym would be AAM, Ait to Air Missile, or more likely ASM, Air Superiority Module, for some sort of targeting system.

------------------
        Pontificator Pendanticus
        older richer & wiser than you
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
        X