Scenario-making, and PBEMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario-making, and PBEMs

I have dragged my can out of the mist once more, having challenged a few folk to a PBEM with a difference.

"What difference?"

I've made quite an interesting map, to say the least, which will provide a strategic difference in the way the game is played.

However, just as I was laying down size 1 bases and awaiting the go...
    I realised I don't know how to do several things:

1. Setting it up as a PBEM
    Bases down, we are good to go. But how to make it a PBEM?
    2. Uni's first tech. Can I give them the choice or am I forced to choose it for them?

Also, for the PBEM, is it possible to play it through without needing to do any editing or are there circumstances where I would be forced to intervene?

A scenario PBEM to test the wits of those involved... this could be good.

Just got a hint from Darsnan - set your year to 2100 in your editor and Uni get's to choose their tech. I'm waiting on an answer reference passwords.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

It sounds like you have already set everything up - if so, then all you have to do is to save the scenario, and when you start if off, just select the factions you wish to have played by real people. You can assign the passwords during the initial turn (which you would play as CMN).

If this isn't what you are wondering about, then perhaps the information you want can be found in this article by Googlie, which covers nearly all of the scenario-building process.

Regarding the Uni techs, there seems to be a degree of inconsistency as to how that will work; I often find it necessary to mess around with alternative approaches to get it to work as expected. In one game I had 2 Uni factions and they behaved differently regarding the initial tech assignments, one of them querying for the extra tech on turn 1 and the other not, so go figure.

Comment

Working...
      X