Second colony pod ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second colony pod ??

It happened to me twice now , though im not sure why but when i start a new game with university ( talent diff ) i get a second colony pod after moving my first scout ?

is this normal

im still new to the game , compared to what i read here at least

I think the higher difficulties always start you off with an extra pod.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      I think the higher difficulties always start you off with an extra pod.
      YES-- on transcend you always start with 2 colony pods-- I don't know at what level that kicks in
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

i don't get 2 pods on thinker. and i started some trancend level games last night (as the spartans) and also did not get an extra pod. to clarify, i begin with one base, a scout patrol (or rover as the spartans) and one pod. am i missing a patch?
        drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
          i don't get 2 pods on thinker. and i started some trancend level games last night (as the spartans) and also did not get an extra pod. to clarify, i begin with one base, a scout patrol (or rover as the spartans) and one pod. am i missing a patch?
          You have "Flexible starting locations" turned off. This means that your second pod is used to found a base immediately on landing. If you have the option turned on, you start with two colony pods and a scout patrol (no base then).

Comment

I believe it depends on the game settings. Many people play with the customized rule "Choose Location" checked. In that case they start with two pods rather than a base and a pod on higher levels.

Comment

d'oh, question answered. do you guys mostly play with flexible starting locations on? i've just never really thought to play that way. hm.
              drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
                d'oh, question answered. do you guys mostly play with flexible starting locations on? i've just never really thought to play that way. hm.
                I always play with it on . .. If I like where the pod siits great but if not I get a choice
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

There's nothing more annoying than starting with your first base exactly one tile away from the water, so I always have it on -- real life is annoying enough without having some game foist small indignities upon me.

Comment

I thought all starting bases were automatically coastal?

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

THEY ARE???

Well, damn, don't I feel silly...

Comment

You start with one colony pod at lower difficulties? I thought you always start with two colony pods. Seems I`m playing transcend to much.
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                          I thought all starting bases were automatically coastal?

-Jam
                          I think I've had non-coastal starting bases.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise

I think I've had non-coastal starting bases.
                            Agreed. Coastal starting bases are the norm, but every so often you start inland.
                            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                            -- Kosh

Comment

i like to play with "flex starting location" off (the default). i like the added challenge i get with a not-so-good starting position. plus, it makes some sense to me: when the faction lands on that weird and dangerous landscape, their first priority have to be security and so they decide to establish a settlement as soon as they can. exploring is too risky for them.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X