Fusion Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the original question

I was suprised at the number of people that mentioned planetary economics as a tech to get-- I usually find that I pick up that tech pre-fusion.

I don't place much emphasis on techs like poly soft, optical computers and superconductor. Its usually crawlers then restrictions lifting then up to doc flex. It often then seems worthwhile to go for the PEG and on to hybrids before taking the longer route to fusion

BUT

as I said before it all depends on the game situation. My answers would change depending on my faction, what my opponents are researching and where I stand in the game. If a dangerous opponent is headed to fusion and I can't steal from them, I will head there out of military necessity. You simply can't afford to be without it for long if others have it. BUT since it is a long route through the less useful techs I named, often I find I will take the short sidetracks for certain benefits along the way before getting to fusion. IF any AI are in the game I usually try to let them research the prereqs for fusion so that I trade for them or steal them.

There are a LOT of good tech options in the mid game and I have never found one approach that I prefer EVERY time. Heck I even sometimes deviate from the choice to go to ind auto first ( sacriliege I know!!).
    Even though there are certain options that are usually good, I guess I oppose the idea that SMAX can be reduced to a simple list of things to do. The game has too much variability for that
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
    X