Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message

I played SMAC few years ago and loved the game. However at that time I had a laptop from work and I didn't have my own computer at all. Until few months ago and I immdiately wanted to purchase SMAC and SMAX. Imagine my dismay when I found out that they were no longer selling and producing this game. Until one fateful day at Fry's Electronics when I spotted this laptop collection with both games enclosed.

My computer is being run by Windows XP so naturally I downloaded all patches for both games. It has been a week so far and SMAX seems to be running alright despite getting this computer error everytime I open the game. Right now I'm at work so I don't recall the exact words but it was something like a warning that the game wasn't compitable with my operating system and that a crash is possible, blah blah.

Were those patches supposed to stop that error message from occuring again or is it normal? Thanks!
    Who is Barinthus?

My guess is it's the same old processor warning. If you did the force old voxel = 1 fix then ignoring the message should be no problem.

Additionally I wouldn't be surprised that the XP patch addressed this but that the error message still pops up. Would be typical of Firaxis's buggy patches and all.

I recently upgraded from a 1.8 GhzP4 where I constantly ran into that message to a 2500+ Athlon and no longer get that message.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Ogie, thanks. Yeah did that force fix thing so I guess it's alright.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
      X