Hobbes' Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbes' Challenge

A little scenario I played with over the holiday break. You play Svensgaard vs Miriam. Aim is fastest (and most efficient) conquest. The scenario is quite advanced in tech. Miriam is programmed to play quite defensively but is still lots of fun. Watch out for her trying to win by cornering the energy market or by PB'ing you into oblivion.

Enjoy.

Feedback to jcrocombe@aardvark.net.au

Hobbes

Ummm, OK. It can be done extremely quickly- 2118, by PB'ing Miriam into oblivion but that's not hard for anyone now is it! Try a little finesse instead.

Attached Files
    Last edited by H0bbes; January 5, 2004, 02:55.
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

2118 ? i managed 2102, skunkworks then cash everything into PB's and boom

2114 without PB's
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Heah Lazurus,
      can you post your win? In order to get credit for a Challenge victory, why you need to show what you did. Regardless, nice one!

D

Comment

I didnt save either but the PB within 2102 will be easy for anybody to replicate, the other my first aim was just to kamikaze some airpower into the AI's crawlers and use ships to bombard away the boreholes and to cut in a few gaps among the mag tubes, her bases proceeded to starve thus were unable to build anything.
        Once that was done i focused on 1 base at a time, starting with the southern since that was building a planet buster (and first time i played i got hit by one so no chances this time) and then just worked my way along.
        Will replay it 2moro sometime if i get a chance, away out now
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Heh, might want to put a 'non-PB' disclaimer on this challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
            Heh, might want to put a 'non-PB' disclaimer on this challenge.
            I think that would be taking away from Laz's win, which perhaps Hobbes hadn't thought of that approach when designing the Challenge.
            However, perhaps we could break out the victory conditions, one for Nukes Allowed, and one for conventional weapons only victory?

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

I think that would be taking away from Laz's win, which perhaps Hobbes hadn't thought of that approach when designing the Challenge.?

D
              I pretty much took no PBs as a given since as Laz points out, its not a problem to build 3 and use them in 2102

My approach ( winning conventionally in 2118) was the same as Laz in his 2114 win, except, not knowing what i was facing, I went slower on the attack and did not sell facilities as quickly as I would were I to take another crack at it
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
              X