Playing against less than 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing against less than 6

Is there any way to play against less than 6 factions at once.

I would really enjoy making a one on one rise on a huge map against a single faction.

Build with Scenario Editor.

Or, as I do, play on a 8 x 16 map. Usually only one enemy falls (if any at all).

Comment

against a lone AI faction ? ... you realise how easy that will be unless you tool him/her up with terraformed land and special abilities ?
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Its possible the AI will perform better on its own, rather than the continual resource-draining warfare it always engages in otherwise.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Why would someone want to play with less than seven factions?
          Even seven is too little for me. I would be quite satisfied if we added zero after the current number. Just imagine -seventy factions.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I forget how I managed it -- since I didn't want it anyway --but it is possible to start with as few as three factions on a huge world.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Not really jamski, its still programmed for the AI to continuously build units until it runs out of minerals, instead it will just throw them at you or sit around doing nothing.
              I normally find its best to stick steal tech when conquer base on and let yang and miriam loose on the other AI and then you've got somebody worth fighting later in the game.
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Or Yang and Miriam go into their all too common "dance of mutal destruction" as they engage in 150 turns of continual wave-style warfare :yawn: and DeeDee comes a honorable second to the human player.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                X