Problem with SMACX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with SMACX

I've searched all over the place and tried all kinds of things to get this game, Alien Crossfire, to work. I did the thing on the support site, changing the .ini file. And SMAC works fine! It is just when I try to play AX that things get wonky.

If I press quick-start, the game starts just fine. However, if I try to make a new game, with my own random maps and rules and what not, the game crashes. My Alienware Diagnostics say that the program that crashed was terranx.icd.
    Has anyone seen this problem? It isn't in the FAQ and I searched for it to no avail.
    Please help me, Apolyton! You're my only hope!

I am sure somebody will. It may not be the old fix this time.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

What's your screen resolution? If greater than 1024x768, try lowering it. That's been known to solve some problems.

How do you launch SMAX? If you run it from axstart.exe, instead try running terranx.exe. Again, this works better on some systems.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

This is how I run it, actually.

How frustrating this is, eh? To wait so many years for this game to be rereleased only to discover... this!

Comment

Well then I guess you've been
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
            Well then I guess you've been
            That is funny!

Comment

'cuz you waitied so long to get the game and it crashed right after you got it...
              Your game's like the car.

Comment

Try a no-cd hack for it, .icd files are I believe copy protection related. I also seem to recall other peoples problems fixed by applying the nocd.

Comment

Working...
                X