No announcement yet.

SMACX Without Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had no problems with shortcuts - just create a shortcut to "Terran.exe" for SMAC and to "Terranx.exe" for SMAX
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

The shortcuts are fine it's the menu that SMACX brings up when you load it.

Comment

Gothar:

You can change the default screen resolution from the .ini file - see the readme.txt for instructions

G.

Comment

Needed or not, it was a post of exceptional clarity, HP. With all the new people browsing the boards it never hurts to bring this up.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WhiteElephants on 12-13-2000 06:32 PM
            The shortcuts are fine it's the menu that SMACX brings up when you load it.

???

Comment

One alternative to not having the aliens land when playing X games is to replace the txt files with a human faction or some vanilla custom faction. This way you can still do randoms and not know what your facing.

Comment

I think Whitelephants is referring to the menu that comes up when you load the cd and have autoplay on. I use shortcuts directly to the two executable files to avoid the problems associated with SMAC/X changing my resolution.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Sik, you hit the nail on the head. When I wrote, "short cuts" I meant the shortcuts I created on the desktop.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Googlie on 12-13-2000 10:45 PM
                    Gothar:

You can change the default screen resolution from the .ini file - see the readme.txt for instructions

G.

You can also disable the opening movie in the .ini
                    Speed the loadup. See the SMACX handbook for the details.

Fitz. (n.) Old English
                    1. Child born out of wedlock.
                    2. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
                    X