Run for your life!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run for your life!!!!

Has anyone been subject to the random event of being hit by an asteroid? I never had and was wondering if this really does happen.

------------------
    "Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Viking Archives
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Yep, two times on vanilla SMAC, not yet on SMACX though.

It isn't pretty.

Comment

Saw it happen to a computer run faction once (regular SMAC). I thought it was cool, since they were in second and I was in first.

Comment

Does anyone have a saved game with two craters? I would like to see what the asteroid does. If you do send it to the address in my profile.
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

I don't have a saved game but I do have some screenshots

See this thread http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum12/HTML/000996.html
          and the links should now work again! RR changed their class B!

jones

Comment

Yes, one hit the city I'd loaded most of my SPs into. Apparently tidal waves and asteroids have something against them.
            "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."
            - Samuel Palmer

Comment

Yes, it has happend to me, playing AC on a random map, on which the Garland Crater was missing. An asteroid crashed on a 8-population-base of mine (Sigh!), and now there was the Garland Crater!

Comment

I do not know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but I once had a meteor touch down-missing all of my bases. It was wierd-it hit in my territory, but far enough away that not a single base was effected aside from the -1 energy from dust clouds...

Comment

It happened to me in SMACX. Garland crater was already there.
                  I don't think I have a saved game, but I'll check this WE.
                  The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                  X