PB v Nuke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB v Nuke

What's better - the nuke from civ2 or the planet buster? One wipes out a base, one leaves it available for capture. One needs a vote to be effectively used, one doesn't. Is there any clear winner?
    [This message has been edited by SMACed (edited December 04, 2000).]

i like big stuff that blows things up, ill go with PBs

if you capture the city, you have to clean up that stupid 5 sqares of pollution

Hitting a city with 5 nukes, and having it still standing is demoralizing

if you blow it up, what is left to resist?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Qualicide on 12-04-2000 07:06 PM
      if you capture the city, you have to clean up that stupid 5 sqares of pollution

Yeah, pollution is a good point - but PB's cause the same thing, except ten times worse I guess if you repeal the charter planet busters make sense eco-damage wise, but I think they harm chrion anyway.

Comment

You need a vote to use one? I used one without voting (Democratic).
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Christantine The Great on 12-04-2000 09:07 PM
          You need a vote to use one? I used one without voting (Democratic).

In AC, you need the vote big time or else everyone declares war on you. Unless of course Democracy gets you out of this...does it?

Comment

(double post)

Comment

Last edited by Wiglaf; March 7, 2002, 23:33.

Comment

Democracy most certainly does NOT get you out of the penatly!

Anyway... PBs are a lot better, because you can use them to smite a heavily defended base, cut off a narrow passage by blowing a hole in it, or getting rid of an otherwise inaccessable base. Plus that really big explosion is SOOO satisfying to watch.
                Banned on Black Saturday in the name of those who went before him.

Realizes that no one probably remembers that event.

Comment

Yeah, I guess the way it alters land can be quite helpful . But when it wipes out a base can that be a bad thing?

Comment

It's strange that a PB will wipe out a city but leave the surrounding improvements alone.
                    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Well, that is if it doesn't turn the improvements into an island .

Comment

Working...
                      X