Free Colony Pod at Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Colony Pod at Start

Does anyone know how regular SMAC decides if you start the game with a Colony Pod or not?

I usually play Huge random maps at the Talent or Librarian level, and sometimes you get a free Pod to start and sometimes you don't.

Is it based on the average rainfall?

I am also very puzzled by this. However, on thinker and transcend level, you will always start with two pods. No idea why though, sorry.

Mark13
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

In my experience it is related to the difficulty of your start. Meaning if you are on a continent with a lot of other faction you will get a free pod. If you are alone on a good sized continent you will not.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Garth Vader on 12-01-2000 12:02 PM
        In my experience it is related to the difficulty of your start. Meaning if you are on a continent with a lot of other faction you will get a free pod. If you are alone on a good sized continent you will not.

I don't know about that - I've started plenty of times on a heavily populated continent w/o getting an extra cp. I read somewhere that it was complete luck, but I can't remember where.

Comment

CIV II was the same way. At lower levels you might or might not get an extra settler. At deity level you always got two.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's to do with the type of terrain on your continent particully near your starting location. If it is like all fungus or very arid it will give you another 1.

Comment

At transcend on Huge I saw the PK start with 2 CP and the scout patrol on a ONE TILE island! Of course the game gave'em the usual extra Unity Foil too...
              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
              X