Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankychan
    Virtual World....it's the best.

Bah, CEO Aaron! Your just jealous that Mr. Morgan has never had a thread like this! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
    You know, I do wish people had better appreciation for the true wisdom of Morgan's quotes, if you ask me, Morgan has a much better grasp on the Human condition than Yang ever will. Where Yang instructs us to suppress and deny our humanity, Morgan tells us to embrace it.

Yang's solution to leadership is to oppress his subjects and preach to them to ignore the suffering he inflicts on them. Underneath all his Taoist/Mind-over-matter trappings, he's just another ruthless despot. His quotes are indeed compelling, but they HAVE to be. Without his sagely mumbo-jumbo, no one would be fooled by his despotic charade.

Originally posted by obstructor
    I guess that capitalists hate communists even more in the new world. But why put Yang in punishment sphere?
    I don't hate Yang because he's a communist, but because he's a tyrant. While I do believe that communism is a fundamentally flawed economic system, I will grant that no one has ever really tried it.

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, don't take this too seriously. I've seen enough internet philosophy arguments for two or three people.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Amen to that, my brotha. I still remember the "Mellian Wars".
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

And morgan wouldn't take everything away from you the moment you became a business rival ? He'd utterly destroy you, just like Yang would do to a political rival. Yang has a good grasp on humanity and sees it for the **** it is and urges us to try become something better.
          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

This is really getting too serious. Shall we start a new Cold War? Ot perhaps a warmer one
            At least we have a good idea for a new ACDG -> ACCW
            (cw=cold war for drones).

We just need a person in this thread who will start to preach about advantages of green economics. Volunteers anyone?
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
              And morgan wouldn't take everything away from you the moment you became a business rival ? He'd utterly destroy you, just like Yang would do to a political rival. Yang has a good grasp on humanity and sees it for the **** it is and urges us to try become something better.
              Well, you're not going to get any good picture of a society if you judge it by how it treats its enemies. I'm judging Yang and Morgan by how they treat their citizens. Regardless, we're pretty off topic at this point, so I'll shut up. Mebbe I should start a threat taking a poll of what everyone's favorite Morgan quote is.

'Get off my land, you peacekeeping sunova...'

Comment

Where is that poll?
                But Morgan is the funniest guy in SMAC (where do you want your node today).
                My credits to humorous new world capitalists.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X