Favorite Yang quotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Yang quotation

Which is our favorite musing of Chairman Sheng-Yi Yang?
    Here is a complete list of his musings:

Ideology/Ascetic Virtues

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment.

Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Biogenetics

We hold life to be sacred, but we also know the foundation of life consists in a stream of codes not so different from the successive frames of a watchvid. Why then cannot we cut one code short here, and start another there? Is life so fragile that it can withstand no tampering? Does the sacred brook no improvement?

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Dynamics of Mind"

Monopole Magnets

I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Polymorphic Software

Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Dataprobe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

Probability Mechanics

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.

Planetary Networks

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang,"Looking God in the Eye"

Bio-Engineering

Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

The Virtual World

What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Recycling Tanks

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Genejack Factory

My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?

Ideology/Ascetic Virtues quote
    12.00%
    Recycling Tanks quote
    12.00%
    Genejack Factory quote
    12.00%
    Biogenetics quote
    0.00%
    Monopole Magnets quote
    4.00%
    Polymorphic Software quote
    0.00%
    Probability Mehanics quote
    20.00%
    Planetary Networks quote
    12.00%
    Bio-Engineering quote
    4.00%
    The Virtual World quote
    24.00%
    Last edited by Illuminatus; December 20, 2003, 15:35.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

genejack. go evil

Comment

propability mech. I use it in my sig in other forums
      Just walk away.

Comment

Ideology quote - my personal philosophy is almost identical as this quote.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Genejack, or Probability Mechanics.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Monopole magnets.
            (Social Psych is my fave quote overall though)

Comment

Virtual World.
              My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Virtual World.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I would have to say that my favorite Yang quotation is the AGONIZED SHRIEKING he utters when I capture his last base, as he is locked away for all time in his own personal torture-bubble.

Comment

Virtual World....it's the best.

Bah, CEO Aaron! Your just jealous that Mr. Morgan has never had a thread like this! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
                      I would have to say that my favorite Yang quotation is the AGONIZED SHRIEKING he utters when I capture his last base, as he is locked away for all time in his own personal torture-bubble.
                      I guess that capitalists hate communists even more in the new world. But why put Yang in punishment sphere?
                      It is much more fun when a faction surrenders to you

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
                        Bah! You must be doing something wrong. In my Morgan games, the Hive is always my ally.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Why enslave Yang? He's not much good for commerce.

Altough I must admit Yang and Morgan do make good buddies. Sometimes as Morgan I run PS/FM/Knowledge to make a happy little Triad of Evil (Morgan, Yang, Zak)

Comment

I voted virtual world... with maybe the recycling tanks being a close second.

The best quote in the game however is UNQUESTIONABLY Zak's quote when you build a temple of planet. EXTERMINAAAAAATED!!!
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

prob mech. it's the perfect one line punch.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X