SMAX Available For $19.99!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX Available For $19.99!

Electronic Arts has come out with one of those game collections, and this one includes SMAC & SMACX!

It's called The Laptop Collection, and its going for the price above (five dollars cheaper at Amazon).

I found out about it when I went to re-download the game at Underdogs, and they gave me that link instead.

I wonder how those ebay SMACX auctions are going now...
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

thanks!

Comment

I was happy for The Underdogs' download, because I could get the expansion in no other way at the time. That said, the download lacked the new movies, some sound files and other nifty-but-not-strictly-neccessary bells and whistles, so I have been looking for another release.

...and The Underdogs led me right to it when it came out.

Quality site.

Comment

Is smacx in the laptop collection the latest version so that no patches need be downloaded? Thamnks.

Comment

xobsidianx: Alien Crossfire is patched with the latest version in the Laptop Collection (version 2.0). However, if you want to play the original SMAC I strongly suggest that you patch it to version 5.0 (only avaiable through the Win2000/XP Compatibility patch (8+MB)). The SMAC version in the Laptop Collection is only 4.0. Although the name of the compatibility patch is misleading it does fix several major bugs in SMAC -- even if you're using Win9x.

Comment

Rubin: Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Nice find. Always see people asking about Crossfire xpack availability.

Comment

Do you still need any patches if you install the planetary pack?
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'll let you once I install it.

Comment

HongHu: The Laptop Collection includes the Planetary Pack, so you still need the compatibility patch for SMAC.

Comment

Working...
                    X