Mineral question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mineral question

I am always so very happy when I can get a big '8+' minerals on the boreholed bonus mineral resource tile. I have never questioned that the '8+' was shorthand for '9' in this case but the other day I sat down and counted up all the minerals. It seems '8+' is, in fact, '8'. At least on Vanilla SMAC with my SMACX installed.

Has anyone tested whether this bug applies to other versions of SMAC and if it also applies to nuts and nrg?

If the nrg is affected it would be huge. My land based energy parks often have tiles over the eight max.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I haved fired up SMAC in ages so my knowledge on the game seems to be atrophying.

Love those Christmas smilies.

This is not a bug. A borehole produces 6 minerals, 8 with a mineral special atop it. What the 8+ means is that you're getting at least 8, possibly more of whatever resource the icon refers to.
    Last edited by CEO Aaron; December 6, 2003, 23:39.

Comment

Ah another conceptual error on my part. So 8+ is just shorthand for 8/8+. I count: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8+ but I guess that Firaxian programmers count: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8+.

Comment

The same method (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8+) applies to Nutrients and Energy. See the images in newicons.pcx.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X