X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guerilla terraforming - former needlejets

Ohmigod. This actually works:

(a) Design a skybase former.
    (b) Change the chassis to Needlejet or Copter.

I couldn't believe my eyes. A needlejet former.

It can't do anything that a skybase former can't do better, of course.

True, but you'll see it much earlier than you'd see a skybase former.

Comment

Of course, you'll have to get the Skybase before you can design skybase formers, so you may have a little trouble getting your air terraform done.

Comment

Skybase? U mean gravship right?

I don't have SMAX...
        I am timotheus4 of SimCity 4 fame, recently discovered the wonder of Alpha Centauri and EU2!

Comment

Don't they crash?

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

When they run out of fuel they do

If they're sitting over one spot they don't seem to waste any fuel...

Comment

Interesting concept . Can they be used to terraform sea squares ?? To me, that might be a practical use as seaformers keep meeting sealurks and IODs.

For general terraforming, I wouldn't see the attraction since terraforming is almost always done in places close to your bases or at least reasonably accessible
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by timotheus4
                Skybase? U mean gravship right?
                I don't have SMAX...
                Skybase is the designation given to an offensive Gravship, as with Penetrator for a Needlejet. The nine chassis types in AC are the same in AX; no difference.
                I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  Don't they crash?

-Jam
                  Only by reasoning (never tested), I'd imagine this:
                  regardless what they do and how, jets MUST land on their 2nd turn or crash (i.e. they "run out of fuel")
                  Now, normal formers that are due to complete a forming in even just 2 mere turns, appear as "already moved" on the completion turn. Should jet formers behave the same way, they would not move on their 2nd turn, thus they would be unable to get back and land, thus they should crash...

IF the above is true, I would think that the only uses for jet formers are:
                  - use enough of them together to complete ANY forming in ONE turn, then land back on next one. Or...
                  - kamikaze, for forming that can be completed in 2 turns
                  I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Wasn't there an exploit/bug/oddity that allowed noodles to remain aloft indefintely. Something like hitting 'W" when the noodles were active then simply hitting turn end or something to that effect.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                    X