Couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tau Ceti

IIRC, needlejet transports have a move of 4, so they are rather useless. Chopper transports can survive a bit longer, but still take a while to reach their destination. You can also drop the cargo anywhere by disbanding the transport over land, though I am not sure the cargo can move afterwards. (Ogie? Didn't you check this a while back?) Overall, cruiser probes or a boatload of probes would be a better bet, though you would need a lot of them for successful sabotage and mind control is often prohibitively expensive.
    Moves are IIRC (1/2 normal movement rate -1)

Fusion reactorair units aresomethinglike 5 or 6 a turn if elite. Having a tough time remembering what they are in SMAX but something tells meyou get the extra moves fromteh CBA as well. AS for the need to disband the units in order to get probe teams to move not so. There is a keyboard shortcut (control U ? ) that allows them to drop and move. Nowthe real issue thoughisto use a chopper to insert a probe team can be a sticky wicket. IF from a far disantce chances are it will be intercepted at its leisurely pace. But short distances it's great.Load a PT on a chopper/noodle transport unloading does not cause interceptors to scramble, there is no interference from air complexes prohibiting insertion, and likewise if a real military unit there is no 50% penalty for drop and attack on same turn. One other big downside is that air transports can hold only one unit.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Needlejet Transports are still great though. I use them to haul around colony pods, crawlers, and even formers. They are much better after fusion power, of course, as the +1 movement makes a big difference. But they are much more useful than you might think. You can't pump them out like choppers or supply crawlers and expect their effects to stack, but the first 5-10 are very helpful.
      Who exactly lives in the United Nations? If you are a hobo and you sleep in front of the U.N. building, does that count?

Comment

Working...
      X