SMAC/X 5.0/3.0 Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC/X 5.0/3.0 Patch

Does anyone have any idea at all ever if they even considered another patch, especially since the game needs its so badly? Just curious.
    [This message has been edited by SorvinoBackhand (edited October 24, 2000).]

They said they considered it originally, but then nothing was heard for a long while. Eventually someone sent an email to Firaxis, and the reply was 'We have no plans for further patches?'
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

That's right: word from two separate Firaxis PR people is that there will NOT be any new patches for SMAC[x].

So they can keep any new games that they THINK they will be selling my way...

Comment

Rumour has it that Loki's port of the game to Linux will contain about 100 bug fixes. Whether that'll actually be true, I have no idea, and of course you'd have to pay again and it'd require a different operating system. But, if true, it *could* be considered SMAC-X 3.0.

Comment

Well it would indeed be a shame if they didn't release another patch to eliminate some of the existing bugs; they must know what every remaining bug must be. Let's just hope they wouldn't introduce any new ones...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, I'd be all too happy to shell out £20 for SMAC, and god-knows-how-much for Linux, in order for the holy grail of bug fixes.....

But no, any bugs will be fixed in SMAC 2 if, of course, it ever comes out.....
            We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

I would like to see SMAC 2, as I have found SMAC an invigorating product of the civ-genre. In many ways, it does allow more creativity than Civ in terms of game design as history is defined...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I to would like to see some Bug Fixes and Official Addon's for the Game.
                DaRanger,
                Sole Proprietor!
                "DaRangers Deep Space Spice and Fungus Grove"
                Place your order today. We deliver via missile payloads!

Comment

"God-knows-how-much" shouldn't be very much, as you can get Linux for free . You'd probably want to buy it on a CD though; if prices in the UK are similar to what they are here it'd be maybe £20.

The real constraint is finding disk space for it and figuring out how to use it, not the price.

It wasn't a totally serious suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                  X